A home energy assessment is an on-site evaluation of your home’s energy usage. Through diagnostic tools, energy bills, and conversations with you, the customer, we can identify energy-efficiency improvements to help you save energy, reduce your energy costs, and improve the air quality, comfort and value of your home.
Our residential energy specialists are Building Performance Institute-certified Building Analysts and Envelope Professionals who have the technical knowledge to perform thorough energy assessments and the customer service skills to help you understand your options and make energy decisions that fit your lifestyle.
Our whole-house approach to assessing your home’s energy efficiency includes checking for safety issues, identifying the thermal boundary and areas in need of air sealing and insulation, evaluating your heating and cooling systems, looking for lighting and appliance upgrade opportunities, and suggesting tips to promote energy-saving behavior. We also take into account the local climate and energy rates to provide the most reliable estimate of your savings potential.
RISE is the regional program administrator for National Grid’s EnergyWise home energy services in Rhode Island.
Call 1-888-633-7947 to schedule an assessment of your 1 to 4 unit home.
As part of your assessment, you’ll receive energy-saving products installed at no cost, such as:
- 7-day programmable thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators and low-flow showerheads
- Advanced power strips
Based on your assessment, you may be eligible for:
- Up to $4,000 toward the installation of approved insulation and targeted air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home
- Rebates for replacing old appliances
- Rebates for upgrading your heating, cooling, and water heating systems
- Enhanced Landlord offering of no-cost weatherization up to $4,000 per unit
- Customers in 1-4 family homes are eligible to apply for a 0% interest HEAT Loan to finance qualifying energy savings upgrades. Loans are available for $500 – $25,000 over terms of 24 months – 84 months from participating lenders. Your Energy Specialist will provide more details during your home energy assessment.
Ready to get started? Schedule your no-cost home energy assessment by calling 1-888-633-7947.
Recommended insulation and air sealing work is completed by pre-approved contractors. Customers have the option to select a participating contractor or be assigned one through the program.
National Grid’s Rhode Island home energy assessment program meets the requirements set forth by Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®, a national program administered by the U.S. Department of Energy in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is designed to engage consumers in the highest form of home improvement: making homes safe, healthy, and energy efficient. The entire house is evaluated – including its systems and their interactivity – to identify comprehensive energy savings solutions.